Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hump Day

So my teaching partner called me as I was walking out the door today to tell me that she would be absent. Suddenly visions of Erica's day yesterday went flashing through my head. I thought, when would it be appropriate to go into the "if a gun man were in the building..." scenario. Luckily, it has not come to that....yet. Seeing as it's DSTP time tomorrow, we have been taking it kind of easy this week, and the kids are enjoying it, and actually behaving. What's up for the afternoon, oh well, we will totally be watching the Brandy version of Cinderella. Hey, it relates to literature!

Random memory:
Pretty much all of second semester freshman year can be summed up in one phrase:

"You might as well face it, you're addicted to SNOOD!"

As I'm writing this I can just hear the poems and the "duh da duh, duh da duh! PLEASE!" It got so bad that even my roommate Kate I. was hooked! I will never forget when Kate and I went to New York for the day and my Kate was upset because she was going to be all alone because everyone was off doing something or other. Kate consoled her by saying that she would leave the door unlocked and the computer would be free for her Snooding pleasure. When Kate and I got home that evening we walked into her room to find my Kate, sitting at the computer with a very guilty look on her face. Erica even walked away from the addiction with a t-shirt.

2 comments:

ericasue said...

Oh God Snood! I should go download that onto this computer for the hell of it. I also remember that either you or Mel or both were playing it on Mel's old computer at Dixon Street when we'd come over for tv time.

Betsy said...

I forgot that we used to play at Dixon...it was like a revisit to our Miley years!