Monday, April 18, 2005

Come on...

I realize that half of us are in Miami right now (you little brats)...but certainly the other half of us can keep up the blog! I'll admit, nothing remotly interesting has happened to me since my last post and to be perfectly honest, there was probably nothing too interesting to post about when I did post last. So, I'll give you a little taste of what it's been like in the Dulik house for the past few days. Charlie turned 13 last week, and naturally invited 4-5 pubescent boys to the house for a sleep over party. My sister and I had to hide in our rooms all night to keep ourselves from being over-run by a bunch of hormonal idiots. So, Chuckie was a bit sleepy when we got to mass Sat evening. Now, I think it was a combination of sleep deprivation and the homily that we heard, but when everyone stood up to hear the petitions, there was altarserver Chuck, passed out in his chair on the altar. The girl sitting next to him didn't even poke him or anything...it was hilarious. And that's about the most interesting thing that has happened to me in the past week or so.

This talk of church inspires a RANDOM MEMORY that Erica will enjoy. Remember freshman year when I very unwisely worked for campus ministry and got paid to go to mass every weekend? Well, Erica would often come and sit with me at mass. One evening we were getting ready to go, and Laura (the girl with super short hair who rarely came out of her room unless it was to go to class) saw us and asked where we were going. "To church," Erica replied. The look of shock on Laura's face combined with her reply, "YOU go to church?" made Erica wonder, but only for a moment, if it was just Laura who saw her as the spawn of satan.

No comments: