Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The state of my underwear...

Recently, my sister and I have been on a joint mission. Many of you may remember a day when my sister and I barely spoke to each other, those days are long gone. Since I moved out of the room we used to share, we have become cohorts in an effort we like to call "disgust our mother." It all started a few months ago when my sister confessed to me that she needed to go out and get some new thongs, but that meant she would have to start doing her own laundry because my mom thinks they're "skanky." Suddenly, we felt a bond unlike any we had ever felt before. We have spent many a weekend searching for great underwear, and also decided to do laundry together from then on. Our code for I need to wash my underwear is "I'm gonna wash my sheets." It's amazing how my sister has really filled the shoes that used to belong to Kate...she's an INCREDIBLE TJMaxx underwear shopper. Now our quest is to find the "skankiest" thongs, bikini cuts, boy shorts, etc, we can find. Cut to last night...I had thrown some laundry in the washer and dryer that I left there, and my mom was folding it. Naturally one of my thongs came out, and I have to say it was one of the rather tame ones. She held it up with a look of utter disgust and dismay and said, "You are such a SKANK!" I sat there and thought...if only you knew what ELSE was in my drawer! Then she pulled out my bra...

Random Memory:
Shopping with Kate in TJMaxx when she found Le Perle bra and panties, but they were in different colors. She spent a good 20 minutes trying to decide if she should get it despite the mismatch. She decided not to, and to this day everytime we walk into TJMaxx she says... maybe there will be more Le Perle?

4 comments:

ericasue said...

Bonding over laundry, hm that makes me think of another similar story ;)

Kate said...

i shoulda bought that.
but i guess im glad i didn't because what good is la perle if you don't have sex

Betsy said...

aww...laundry room girls 4-eva!
and kate, obviously I have no idea!

Erica said...

i would like to send shouts out to jenn who is the queen and forfather of tjmax underwear shopping