Monday, August 08, 2005

I never thought I would be saying this, but...

I CAN"T WAIT FOR MY PARENTS TO GET HOME!!!

My parents have been married for 25 years, which is a great accomplishment in this day and age. So to celebrate they went on an Alaskan cruise that my mom has talked about wanting to do basically her whole life. So, when they asked, I said sure, it would be no problem for me to be around while they were gone to supervise the house and my siblings. I will never take my mom for granted again. My siblings are some of the laziest slobs I have ever seen...and I lived in Miley. They are also not always that bright. Case in point...my brother just set fireworks off in the kitchen.

So, normally I'm all about my parents not being around during the summer so I can have some alone time. This time, I was so excited that it was Monday, and their flight was getting in at 11 tonight. Then...the phone call...

"Bets? It's Dad...um, we've been delayed in Vancouver and we're going to miss our connecting flight....and...um, I don't think we're going to make it home tonight."

Sure Dad, that's fine, I said outloud. Inside I was freaking out. So, at this point, stay tuned, will my parents make their flight and get home tonight, relieving me of my responsibilities? Will my siblings be alive if they get home tomorrow? Stay tuned...

No comments: