Saturday, July 30, 2005

Welcome to Tennessee

Well, here I am.

Moved to Nashville.

Yep.

Honestly, the only thing I need to discuss right now is the insect situation. I have seen my first cockroach. I am pretty sure this is because of the heat and Nashville's status as the fifth buggiest city; not because I live in a slum, which I don't. Or even because we leave food out, because we don't. Although, Stella does suspect putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher as a culprit- she'd prefer to use it for clean ones, but I explained to her the whole process and she seemed a little skeptical but agreed to try.

Another progressive breed is the gotcha bug. It's skinny and jumps fast. I slam it hard with my favorite flip flop. Then I take off for a paper towel to dispose of its lifeless body only to find it shaking off our fight and standing up again. Thought I was dead, huh? Gotcha!

Anyway, good thing I spent all that time in Miss M's spider-y house. Oh, who am I kidding, I still couldn't sleep last night thinking about roaches. But I've only actually seen two and they are both dead now, so don't let that sway you from coming to visit or anything.

But overall, good city!

No comments: