Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Today

I was greeted this morning by a persistent hangover and the lower half of some small animal.

The hangover was my fault; I went out and had a couple martinis with my girls last night. The lower half of some small animal, I can only assume to be the work of Fred "The Killer" Astaire.

I bolted right off the couch at 10.5 Sherman about 7:30 a.m. and proceeded to the yard to throw up. Awesome. Once I'd convinced Jamie that I wouldn't die, I went home and promptly slept in the car, parked in my yard, for about an hour. The sun was nice, the bird's were tweeting, and I wasn't about to let some hangover keep me from enjoying it. When I finally dragged my listless self into the garage past the dogs, frenzied by my being there for so long but not coming in, I stopped and screamed.

I opened the door to the food room and almost stepped down onto something gray and furry. It wasn't bloody. At first, I thought it was a stuffed animal, but I don't recall leaving a gray stuffed lower extremity lying around. The worst part of it is that I couldn't figure out what it was. Maybe a rabbit, maybe a squirrel who lost its tail... I pondered it, and Elsa came over and grabbed it in her mouth and tried to run, so I screamed some more, gave up, and took a shower.
Keep in mind that I now bring a flip flop in the shower, a.k.a. Arachno-City. I came out pukey and wet and tried to dispose of the half-animal, but I couldn't find it.

I guess it's gone now. Wierd.

4 comments:

ericasue said...

What adventures you do have! I sadly have nothing to report. And whats this that I hear - your interivew got switched to reunion weekend? *tear*

Kate said...

yes but dont worry, i'll be back saturday afternoon and rarrring to go

Jenn said...

you bitch. YOUR GIRLS!! WHO ARE THEY!!! AND WHAT IN THE BLAZING HELL MAKES THEM BETTER THAN US!!!! THERE CAN BEEEEEEEEEE NO OTHER GIRLS!!!

Kate said...

umm obviously, jenn, you are my ROOMIE 4-EVA... that means so much more